Requirements FOR takING the subject
- 70% or above for both Home Language and Mathematics in grade 9.
- You must take Mathematics as a subject in grade 10.
- Access to a Windows computer for running Delphi.
- Internet access, including after school hours for completing formal and informal assessments.
- An email address for communications.
- You must have self-discipline and the will to learn the subject.
- Time in your weekly schedule to fit in an additional subject – approximately 4 hours per week.
- The course fee of R1 050 per term (equivalent to R350 per month) is payable at the start of each term.
Textbooks for Grade 10 IT
We will be using textbooks published by Study Opportunities.
- IT is gr8! @ Grade 10, ISBN: 978-1-919867-84-7 (R270 + delivery)
- IT is gr8! @ Grade 11; Delphi, ISBN: 978-1-920535-02-5 (R265 + delivery)
The grade 11 Delphi book will be used for both grades 10 and 11. Therefor, in grade 11 only one additional book will have to be purchased i.e. for the theory section.
What happens after I register?
- You will receive your login details for the course.
- Order your textbooks from any provider of your choice as soon as possible.
- The course will commence at the start of Term 1 2020.
How do I get hold of the Delphi Software?
Your school will apply for the free educational version of the Delphi 2010 software and licenses on behalf of all its IT learners. You will receive the license key and installation instructions at the start of term 1 2020.